VISITORS

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Election 2016



I don’t really care about voting but that isn’t to say that I don’t like to watch the three ring circus which is in affect the politicians, the media, and the voters themselves.


It’s always fun to see the politicians and their followers fight amongst themselves like children on the playground. They call each other names like “the deplorable” and “crooked” as well as other names.





Regardless of who wins the 2016 election this year, Clinton or Trump and let’s not forget Jill Stein and Gary Johnson, the next four years will be a mess. Will the world survive? Will America survive? Will the Republican Party even survive?


My opinion on the candidates isn’t very high and I doubt that I would vote for either . . . actually I didn’t vote for either. 


Donald Trump and his supporters have been called racists, homophobic, xenophobic, misogynist, and any –ism I may have missed. He’s made fun of the handicapped (not really), recordings of him eleven years prior has surfaced of his “locker room” talk, he has lawsuits such as the one for Trump University, and his alleged rape of a minor.


Good going Republicans.





The Democrats were just as bad. Hillary’s email server hijinks has haunted her all throughout the campaign; even up to the last week FBI Director James Comey hounded her by reopening the investigation. Some blame this on her loss, some blame everything but Hillary for her loss. There is her history in politics itself which may have contributed to her loss: Bengasi, her time as a Secretary of State, as a Governor of New York, as a First Woman, there have been pay to play schemes at the Clinton Foundation, etc., etc., etc.


She also has the distinction of being linked to her husband’s problems during his presidency such as Monica Lewinsky, Paula Jones, and even Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994.

And even the Russians were against her!




How come I never saw one poll which had Trump leading? In a country as big as America, there had to have been a district which supported Trump. This was puzzling to me and made me question the system.


What happened to impartiality of journalism? They never asked the right questions. Instead of interviewing an alleged Trump supporter, they mocked and ridiculed them. Then when Hillary takes a swipe at Trump supporters by calling them a “basket of deplorables,” she fails big time and is forced to apologize. After that, she leaves her dirty work for the reporters.


It seems she doesn't even like her own party.
Will Rahn of CBS News is on point when he writes,
“[Trump] invited his crowds to jeer and hiss the reporters covering him. ‘They hate us, and have for some time.’ And can you blame them? Journalists love mocking Trump supporters. We insult their appearances. We dismiss them as racists and sexists. We emote on Twitter about how this or that comment or policy makes us feel one way or the other, and yet we reject their feelings as invalid.” 

So I slept in on the morning after the election and as I lay in bed it dawns on me, the election is over. I was in no hurry to check to see who won, I kind of sensed that it would be another Clinton White House, but in the back of my mind I hoped that Trump would win. What was I thinking?

I checked the news on my cell phone and couldn’t believe the outcome.